The 2020 Super Recovery: EVs, Battery Metals and Rare Earths (Free Report)
A must read for anyone with a professional interest in the EV industry or looking to learn more about the forces underpinning the current rally in rare earth and battery metals prices
Adamas Intelligence is pleased to announce the publication of a new report, titled ‘The 2020 Super Recovery: EVs, Battery Metals and Rare Earths’. The complimentary report is available to all clients and mailing list subscribers.
In this report, we examine how global monthly EV battery and motor materials demand unfolded in 2020, unravelling the ‘super recovery’ that has driven battery materials (Li, Ni, Co) and motor materials (NdPr, Dy, Tb) prices to multi-year highs.
Among the findings of the report:
- In 2020, Adamas Intelligence data reveals that roughly 66% of total global EV battery capacity and motor power deployment occurred in the second half of the year, and approximately 66% of that amount was in the fourth quarter of 2020 alone.
- While a commodity supercycle may be around the corner, we see the current rally being driven primarily by
- The re-opening of businesses and key demand markets, particularly in Asia and Europe,
- The re-stocking of motor, magnet, battery and pre-cursor materials by companies amidst an unprecedented resurgence of demand, particularly in Asia and Europe.
- Speculation by investors and market participants lacking granular insights into what is driving developments on the supply- and demand-sides of battery and motor materials markets, and
- In the case of rare earths, stockpiling and hoarding by speculators and market participants on the back of Myanmar-related supply concerns.
This free report is essential reading for anyone with a professional interest in the EV industry or looking to learn more about the forces driving the fast-moving battery and battery materials supply chains.
Click on the image above to access the report.
Back to overview